On Tuesday we posted a long list of updates that Treyarch were working on to address a number of issues on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Black Ops. Today Treyarch’s Josh Olin sent out a Tweet letting everybody know that these updates are now live on both consoles via a downloadable patch, or “full title update”.
So, go boot up Black Ops, download the update/patch, and let us know in the comments if things are working better for you.
Here is the list of fixes in the patch:
- Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
- · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
- · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
- · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
- · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
- · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
- · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
- · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
- · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
- · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
- · Additional online security enhancements
- · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends (PS3 only)
We have also noticed that since the patch you can no longer vote for the same map more than twice. So no more Nuke Town over-and-over!
There are still a few fixes “in progress”
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
- · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
- · Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances
PC gamers can keep an eye on this forum thread to get the latest news on fixes/patches. Of course, we will also post any new news regarding PC updates as soon as it is available on BlackOpsBlog.